Monday, January 17, 2011

Skinny Ricky Gervais falls on his face

I don't know if it's just me, but have you noticed that more and more hosts of these award shows feel that in order to get a laugh they have to turn these self indulgent shows into roasts?  Hey, I'm not a big fan of the award show, but I think it crazy to invite a comedian to host your show only to get hit by poor taste shrapnel.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but hosting these shows are pretty good gigs, why would you want to screw it up for yourself, especially in a room full of people that can make or break your career. He threw stones at everybody last night including Hollywood's come back player of the year Robert Downey Jr. and America's Sweetheart Sandra Bullock  Good luck getting another job there Dicky.

When the last words you hear are "I remember when Ricky Gervais was a slightly chubby and kind comedian, neither of which he is now" coming from Hollywood royalty Tom Hanks, you know you have problems.

Although I love seeing celebrities squirm when comedians shine a light on their imperfections in front of their peers, I think there is a time and place for these attacks and these shows are not the setting, if you want to continue to work.  Ricky might not be miserable right now, but believe me he will be.  Below is the link to the story and some video clips of the mud slinging.  Enjoy!

Thank you Yahoo and Fox News

Ricky Gervais clips

Click here for story

 

No comments:

Post a Comment